The seemingly smallest thing can torpedo the successful sale of your home – like living on a busy street. You can have a beautiful house with amazing curb appeal, and yet the amount of traffic passing by can give prospective buyers pause, leaving your home to linger on the market.
Don’t let this happen to you! Just because your beautiful home rests on a street with heavy traffic doesn’t mean it can’t sell and sell quickly. Here are tips for selling a home on a busy street:
- Use Landscaping: Create a barrier between your home and the busy street by using strategic landscaping. This might include a wall of bushes that insulates your home and reduces the impact of the busy street out front. If you have the space, consider a circle drive that helps drivers get in and out of your home. You might also consider a water feature or something similar that creates ambient noise
- Focus on Marketing: The busy street is a challenge you know going into the home sales process. Work with your agent to develop a comprehensive marketing plan that considers the busy street and provides ready-to-use responses for when prospects ask questions. This might include emphasizing the positive in a busy street, such as, “You can be at the grocery store in five minutes.”
- Accentuate the Positive: You can’t control the street your home sits on, but you can control other things. Make sure your home is properly staged, that it’s immaculately clean and that it’s fully functioning – ready to pass an inspection and move toward a closing date as quickly as possible. While other home sellers are thinking their properties will sell themselves, you can claim an advantage by doing everything possible to enhance your home’s attractiveness and appeal.
- Understand the Tradeoff: Any home will sell when put on the market at the right price. Understand the tradeoff that comes with living on a busy street, and make sure your home is appropriately priced. It’s hard for home sellers to be honest with themselves when it comes to pricing, and this is even more difficult when trying to determine how to sell a home on a busy street.
- See the Advantage: Owning a home on a busy street does have its advantages. For example, the greater traffic passing by your home means more eyes on the for-sale sign in the front yard. Selling a home on a busy street, or anywhere else for that matter, is a numbers game. The more people who see your home, the greater the chance your home will sell.
At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we specialize in selling homes quickly and at the best possible price. Any home has its challenges – if it’s not a busy street, it’s something else. Our agents are experienced and work tirelessly to help you achieve your objectives in a home sale.
Contact us today about your real estate needs in York, Pennsylvania.