There’s a reason why the Keystone State is one of America’s most populated. Pennsylvania is a land of opportunity, a place of big cities and big events, as well as small towns and wide-open spaces. Before you move here, consider these facts and learn more about all that PA offers:
- History: Pennsylvania is a state where important things have happened. From Philadelphia and its Independence Hall and Liberty Bell to the Valley Forge grounds that once housed George Washington and his revolutionary army, there’s plenty of history in which to immerse yourself when you live in PA.
- Sports: PA sports fans are passionate about their teams. Get ready for the Philadelphia experience of cheering for the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and 76ers. In Western PA, Pittsburgh’s teams are collectively the kings. Steel City boasts the only three major sports franchises that share the same color scheme: the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins all wear black and gold.
- Drive-Ins: There are more drive-in movie theaters in Pennsylvania than any other state in the union. Take in a flick at one of the state’s drive-in hotspots like Becky’s in Lehigh.
- Pretzels: So you’ve heard of the famous Philly cheesesteak. But did you know that PA is also known for its soft pretzels? Find them throughout the state, and enjoy this delicious treat.
- Booze: PA is home to D.G. Yuengling & Son, America’s longest operating brewery — dating back to 1829. PA is also home to a number of wineries. But don’t look for booze (other than beer) at the convenience or grocery store. The hard stuff is sold only at PA’s state-run liquor stores.
- Poconos: Looking for a hot vacation spot? Look no further than the Poconos. This mountain range offers it all, regardless of the season. Ski in the winter, zipline in the summer, and honeymoon here year round.
- Outdoors: If you love hunting, fishing, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, swimming and other outdoors adventures, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to do what you love in PA. There are huge population centers in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but a great portion of the Keystone State is filled with wide-open spaces that are full of opportunities for adventure.
- Fall: You get all four seasons when you live in Pennsylvania, but none stands out quite like autumn. Enjoy the trees as they come alive with bright oranges, yellows and reds in October and November. Enjoy a ride through the countryside with the family as the trees turnover before the coldest months of the year.
- Agriculture: Speaking of wide-open space, you may not realize how much farming is done in PA. You’ll see fields of fresh crops everywhere when driving from east to west through the state, and you’ll also notice plenty of roadside farmer’s markets.
Have you found the home of your dreams in PA? At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we help people moving to PA find the right home to meet their needs — prospective homeowners just like you. No matter where you live now, one of our experienced agents would love to chat and learn more about what you’re looking for.
Contact us today and take your first step toward finding a home in PA.