The holiday season will soon be upon us, and kids will leave school with plenty of energy and a deep desire for activities that help get them into the holiday spirit. What are good things to do with family during winter in central PA? Here’s a look at some of the best activities available to you in York, Harrisburg and throughout communities in the middle of the Keystone State:
- Night Before Christmas Train at Strasburg Rail Road: This ongoing event recreates the magic of Christmas Eve for area children. Visitors are invited to wear pajamas and snack on milk and cookies while traveling by train and hearing the classic The Night Before Christmas story. This even runs until December 22nd.
- Santa Sing-Along on the Seitzland Express at Steam Into History: Kids of all ages can stop by Steam Into History and take a train ride into Christmas history. Participants will enjoy the train ride, hear The Night Before Christmas story, sing songs and meet a very special guest. Enjoy until the 30th of December.
- Festival of Lights at Rock Ridge County Park: Don’t miss this trail of lights winding through Rocky Ridge County Park. It includes more than lights, too, as participants can enjoy trains, food, animation and other entertainment. The trail is ADA-accessible, and there are plenty of warm and cozy buildings along the 0.5-mile route where you can take refuge from the cold. The trail will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but you’re welcome to enjoy right up until New Years Eve.
- Miniature Railroad Annual Holiday Open House: The Miniature Railroad Club of York opens its doors and lets you participate in one of the holiday season’s best pastimes. Admission is free and donations are welcome when you stop by for this open house, taking place from 1 to 5 p.m. each Saturday and Sunday through January 14th.
- Noon Year’s Celebration at The State Museum of Pennsylvania: New Year’s Eve is recreated just for kids, complete with crafts, snacks, dancing and much more. It is open until the 29th of December, and the Museum’s renowned firefly and balloon drop take place at noon in Memorial Hall in Harrisburg.
- New Year’s at Noon at National Watch & Clock Museum: It’s tough to keep the kids up late to see 2017 become 2018. That’s why the National Watch & Clock Museum plays host to New Year’s at Noon on December 31st, an event that allows children to engage in fun and educational activities — including a balloon drop at noon.
At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we do more than just realize. We’re passionate about helping our clients (and prospective clients) find ways to lead the lifestyles they want here in central PA — including recommending things to do with kids during winter break in central PA. If you have questions about this beautiful, family-friendly area and anything related to it, we’re glad to help.
Contact us today to speak to one of our experienced, knowledgeable central PA experts.