When you’re planning to sell your luxury home, you want to make sure it stays on the market for as little time as possible. In most cases, you can start by taking some proven steps to ensure your property is as inviting and irresistible to luxury home buyers as possible. That’s where the following tips for selling a luxury home can help!
Top Things to Do Before Selling Your Luxury Real Estate
Whether it’s your own house or you’re helping a friend or relative sell theirs, it’s important to follow these steps when selling your luxury home:
- Get great photographs. Buyers of luxury homes expect to see stunning professional images of luxury homes. This means you have to skip the mobile device pictures and hire someone to do the job correctly. Some sellers even choose to take aerial view shots of their properties, especially if the property is outstanding and expansive.
- Determine when the market is strongest before listing your property. Every region, town, neighborhood, borough and county has its own selling cycles when it comes to the selling of luxury residences. If you don’t have to sell immediately, work with a realtor to figure out the most appropriate time to sell.
- Make sure you have a completed listing, including the appropriate information luxury home buyers want to see. This goes beyond square footage and heating and cooling — you need to showcase every aspect of your luxury home, so buyers will have a comprehensive understanding of what they’ll get for their investment.
- Update any outdated features, amenities, equipment and styles. Have you owned your luxury property for a decade or longer? While it may still look terrific inside and out, that doesn’t mean it hasn’t become dated. Ask an interior decorator to do a walk-through of your property to evaluate any places where you need to modernize appliances, fixtures, colors, textures or flooring.
- Stage the whole home. This will take some expert help, because you’ll need to completely remove all clutter and turn your home into an exquisite model of perfection. Plus, you’ll have to keep it this way until it sells. Staging is critical for luxury homes, so this isn’t a step you can afford to skip. Buyers of luxury residences have high expectations — you don’t want to disappoint them.
- Landscape the property. Have you allowed the landscaping of your property to get a little behind schedule? Start by fixing this problem immediately! A landscaper can help you prune the trees and shrubbery, as well as ensure the lawn is green and lush. When you’re doing a walk-through of your exterior, make a note of anything that should be fixed — such as a paving stone that has become cracked or out of place, or a trellis that’s showing signs of age or rust.
- Work with a realtor who specializes in luxury home selling. Not all realtors have the expertise to sell luxury homes, because it’s a niche real estate market that takes special consideration. CENTURY 21 Core Partners has specialized in helping luxury home sellers and buyers navigate the process to fit their needs and meet their expectations.
Selling a luxury home shouldn’t have to be a burden. When you have the right team around you and a plan of action, you can make the process much simpler!