Your home will never look better than it does in springtime. Your yard should look the best it ever has, and there’s no more winter precipitation to make things look stark and bleak. If you’re putting your house on the market during this time of year, make sure you’re doing everything you can to complement the natural benefits of spring. Here are five steps for perfectly staging your home for a fast springtime sale:
- Clear out the Clutter: Nothing makes a home as attractive as striking the balance between spacious and lived-in. By clearing off counter tops, taking out unnecessary furniture, thinning closets — especially bulky winter wear that takes up so much space — and taking other clutter-clearing actions, you’ll make your home feel vast and roomy. As part of clearing out your clutter, be sure to give your home a good scrub, too. When you take things out, areas that haven’t been dusted or vacuumed in some time always emerge. Make sure your newly aired-out home sparkles as well.
- Achieve an Emerald Lawn: As far as home improvement projects go, achieving an extraordinary yard is one of the most cost effective. Springtime is the perfect time for treating top soil, aerating and fertilizing to help your yard come back from the winter dormancy. Plant some flowers for a pop of color, and make sure all hedges, bushes and trees are trimmed. The front yard will serve as your home’s first impression, and you hold the power to make that first impression a spectacular one.
- Make Your Entrance Sing: Your home’s entrance will be the second thing prospective buyers notice after the initial curb appeal. Blow off your front porch to ensure it looks uncluttered by leaves or debris. Consider a door-side plant, and make sure you have a fresh doormat. New hardware for your door can be a nice touch if the older hardware is beginning to fade, and even a brand new front door is a home improvement project that provides strong return on investment when you sell.
- Activate the Senses: Selling a home is more than just what a prospective buyer sees. Activate the senses by creating enticing aromas throughout the house. Flowers in the yard, incense sticks in the living room, candles in the bedrooms — each can make the space come alive and make the visitor want to move in immediately.
- Pop With Bright Colors: Spring is the time for vibrancy. Put away winter by adding a pop of color to bedspreads, sofas, kitchens, bathrooms and other spaces. New throw pillows and other small accessories can help add the pop of color you want in a drab room. Flowers will go a long way toward adding color to the yard, as will the blooming of well-kept plants and a bright green yard.
At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we specialize in helping homeowners prepare their homes for the open market. Any one of our expert agents can walk through your home and make recommendations on how to best stage the space. If you are looking to sell, rely on our experience to get the greatest return on investment.
Contact CENTURY 21 Core Partners today and speak to one of our experienced agents.