When you need to sell your home in York, you want the best among real estate agents in PA to help you sell quickly and for the best possible price. To make sure you’re properly vetting your possibilities, here are seven question to ask a real estate agent before working with them:
- How long have you been a full-time agent? There’s no substitute for experience in the real estate industry. Many agents get into the business when the market is at its peak, and they feel they can make easy money. Many of those same agents leave when the market slows. A depth of experience shows a commitment to the industry. Also, use the term “full-time.” Make sure it isn’t a side job for your agent.
- Have you worked in my area before? Knowledge of specific neighborhoods is key. You want someone who knows the area schools, the busy thoroughfares, the soil and how it might create foundation issues and more. Work with an agent who knows what’s been selling and for how much, so they can help you appropriately price your home.
- Do you have references? Unless you receive a personal recommendation from a friend or family member, you’re flying blind when choosing an agent. Most experienced agents have a list of references they would be glad to offer to help you overcome this challenge. Talk to the agent’s past clients about the experience of working with them.
- What’s the average price of homes you help clients buy or sell? It’s important to have an agent who can help buy or sell homes in your price range. Some agents focus on the higher end of the market, and others look to the bottom. That’s great if you have a high-end home or a starter home, but it’s not so good if you have a middle-market house that needs middle-market expertise.
- How many listings do you currently have? Work with an agent who is busy because that indicates a track record of success. On the same note, you don’t want an agent who’s so busy that they don’t have time to be fully present in your home purchase or sale.
- How many homes did you help clients buy or sell last year? Results are what matters. Put your agent to the test by asking how many home transactions they were involved in last year. This will put into perspective their level of past successes.
- What type of marketing plan do you implement? A comprehensive marketing plan is essential in today’s real estate world. Your agent should tap into all digital communications channels and confirm they use professional photographers to shoot homes on the market. So many prospective buyers begin their searches online, and your home needs an attractive and compelling online presence to capture them.
At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we work with home sellers throughout the York, PA area each day. We have a track record of success and a proven plan that helps accelerate the sale of your home — at an attractive price. Are you ready to meet your experienced, knowledgeable real estate agent? Contact us today about working with the best York real estate agents.