If you have made the decision to sell, you don’t want to wait around forever. You may be eager to move and to finish the process of showings and negotiations. While every home sale is different, your real estate agent can help you determine how long properties tend to stay on the market in your area and can help you sell your home.
If you want to attract qualified home buyers to your property, CENTURY 21 Core Partners has some of the most experienced and customer service-focused agents in York, PA and the surrounding area. When you’re ready to sell, contact us to get personalized assistance in moving your property.
How Long Will It Take to Sell My House?
The average time it takes to sell a property can vary widely, depending on the strength of the market, the housing supply, the location, the potential buyers currently seeking a home, the type of real estate you are selling and other factors.
According to a 2018 report by the National Association of REALTORS®, it took an average of three weeks to sell a home in 2018. With low housing supply, especially in hot markets, many homes saw multiple offers and many sales above asking price. In this type of seller’s market, many homes sold even faster than the three-week average.
When Should I Take My Home off the Market?
Taking your home off the market should not be taken lightly. It’s a big decision. Ideally, you should only do so if:
- You have given the market some time and realize you have made some mistakes.
- You need to make major changes to the property to attract buyers.
- Your financial situation has changed and selling no longer makes sense.
- You are getting only lowball offers and do not want to negotiate.
If you have not gotten the response you wanted to your property, use it as a learning opportunity. If you decide to sell again, what can you do differently to get a different response?
Should I Lower the Price of My Home?
Getting the listing price of your home right the first time around is important. Pricing just below market value can entice buyers to compete for the home, which can drive up the price further. However, dropping the price can also encourage some buyers to make lowball offers.
If you realize you have priced the property too high for the current market and you are not getting results, drop the price only if you are willing to accept less for the home. Another option is to drop the listing and re-list the home, possibly after some updates, at a different price point.
How to Sell My House Fast
If you want to sell quickly, make sure you:
- Get your home saleable: Clean up the house and improve curb appeal with a professional cleaning, new paint and any needed repairs.
- Do your research: Understand what homes are selling in your area, what the asking prices are like and which homes sell fastest.
- Time it right: Ideally, sell during a seller’s market and in the spring.
- Get the right agent: A savvy agent can entice buyers, market your home correctly and help you with pricing and other issues, so you get the most qualified buyers.
Need a good agent? You can contact us at CENTURY 21 Core Partners to get the edge when it comes to selling your house.