There’s no shortage of things to do when you’re living in south central PA. It doesn’t matter if you’re going off on a solo adventure, or you want something exciting to experience with every member of your household. South central PA attractions are here to stay, and they’re definitely plentiful! Check out three of our favorites below.
#1: Amusement Parks
HersheyPark and Dutch Wonderland are twin amusement parks featuring water rides, rollercoasters, treats, games and so much more. In the summertime, these locales are open every day. In the winter months, they offer specific holiday operating hours. Bring your love of chocolate!
Looking for something a little different for your brood? Try The Turkey Hill Experience or Chocolate World. Both are designed to promote learning in a fun – and delicious – environment.
Many people living in south central PA regularly attend functions at the area’s museums. These include:
- The National Civil War Museum, Harrisburg – Everything from the American Civil War is outlined and beautifully explored in this magnificent museum high on the hill above the downtown.
- The AACA Museum, Hershey – Love automobiles? This is a must-see! You can check out vehicles from around the world representing bygone eras of motorized travel.
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, Harrisburg – Featuring traveling exhibits and an IMAX theatre, the Whitaker Center is a destination for travelers around the south central PA region. During some school holidays, admission is reduced or free to this hotspot.
- Choo-Choo Barn – Traintown USA, Strasburg – It’s Lancaster County in miniature form every day at the Choo-Choo Barn. Located near the Strasburg Railroad, another fun place to explore, it’s ideal for train enthusiasts of all ages.
- Gettysburg – There are many museums located in Gettysburg, so plan to spend a day touring the battlefield and discovering what made this one of the most enduring battles of the American Civil War.
#3: The Great Outdoors
Are you and your family nature lovers? You’ll find that you’re never without choices when it comes to indulging in some trailblazing and heart-pumping activities while living in south central PA. Head to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm in Lancaster County to explore the corn maze, play some games and taste a bite or two. Go to Indian Echo Caverns in Dauphin County, a place that’s always 55 degrees Fahrenheit and that tells the story of the earth in stalactites and stalagmites. Looking to cool down on one of Pennsylvania’s warm summer days? Boiling Springs Pool is a swimmer’s dream. In the colder months, get your skis and head to Ski Roundtop, where there are slopes for every ability, plus slippery tube rides.
Why Live in South Central PA?
The question should be why not live in south central PA? From the temperate climate with four distinctive seasons to amenities like four-star restaurants, theatres, opera houses and more, this is one area that’s truly steeped in history, community, culture and pure fun. You’ll always fill the empty spaces on your calendar when you live in south central PA!