Are you ready to find a real estate agent to list your home or help you buy a new one? CENTURY 21 Core Partners is the resource for you! We’re one of the most widely respected names in the real estate industry, and we serve home buyers and sellers in and around the York, Pennsylvania area. The Century 21® brand was the recipient of the maximal numerical score from homebuyers in the J.D. Power Home Buyer/Seller Study three years in a row. We don’t want you to just take our word for it, though. Take a look at this guide to help you discover the best real estate agent for your needs.
Tips for Finding the Best Performing Real Estate Agents in York, PA
Buying or selling a home is no small feat, but having the right real estate agent can help — as long as you find the right one. These days, there are multitudes of agents contending for your attention via postcards, yard signs and online job endorsements. To find best performing real estate agents in York, Pennsylvania, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Talk to a lender: Before you do anything else, get a lender on the phone. By talking to a lender first, you can learn how much you can afford. Getting approved for a mortgage will provide you with the maximum amount you can borrow and identify issues that need to be worked out early in the process. By taking this preparatory step, you are showing potential real estate agents that you’re a serious buyer. In competitive markets, you’ll need an authorized letter for buyers to consider your offer.
- Get referrals from your network: Whether you’re a first-time buyer or repeat buyer, try finding a real estate agent with experience working with similar clients to you. It’s also crucial to look for a Realtor with a capital R. Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and are bound by contract to abide by the group’s code of ethics. Some Realtors hold specific certifications that prove they’re trained in a particular area of real estate.
- Research potential candidates: Digging deep into a potential real estate agent’s online profile is a must. Online reviews are a great way to gauge the reliability and trustworthiness of potential real estate agents. Take your search a step further by finding out whether an agent you’re considering is licensed. You can check with your state’s real estate regulator to do this.
- Interview a few agents before selecting one: This is an excellent opportunity to find out if your potential Realtor understands your budget needs or is familiar with a particular area.
- Request references: Ask real estate agents for contact information for at least a couple of recent clients. Call those clients to get an idea of their experience with the agent. What type of support did the agent provide?
- Look closely at your contract: Make sure your contract spells out all the terms to which you’ve agreed.
Find the Best Performing Real Estate Agents at Century 21
If you’ve followed the above steps or want the real deal, contact us today to buy a new home or sell an old one. At Century 21®, we look forward to assisting you and are always here for any questions or concerns that may arise.