For over 125 years, York Central Market has towered over downtown York as an emblem of revitalization and the area’s rich history. As the economic and social heart of the city, Central Market is hosts over 50 vendors selling all your favorite beverages and eats.
History of Central Market
The York Central Market is a historic public market located in downtown York, Pennsylvania. Architect John A. Dempwolf designed the massive, two-story brick building in the Romanesque Revival style and had it built-in 1888. The building features two square towers that are three stories tall. They also have gorgeous pyramidal roofs on both sides of the main entrance.
The front facade features steep gable dormers with projecting pieces and a hipped roof. In 1978, the York Central Market was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Upcoming Events in Downtown York Market and Hours of Operation
You’ll find Central Market in downtown York on 34 W Philadelphia St. Hours of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and Saturdays 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The market is also open on First Fridays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Keep in mind that individual vendor hours may vary.
If you’re in the mood for some delicious food and great company, check out upcoming First Fridays events, Pumpkin Fest and holiday shopping specials in York Central Market.
Popular Local Stands in Downtown York County
Central Market in downtown York will fill your belly and soul. Join the community social hub this year and experience the tastes of over 50 foods and beverages! Here are just some of the vendors you can find in Central Market:
- Baked goods: Baked goods vendors you can find at Downtown York Market include Two Poodles Bagels, Pop’s Amish Pastries, Loaves and Fishes, Bonne Bouche Bakery, Gigi’s Crepes, Myers Salads & Pastries, FOLTZ Pretzels and more.
- Specialty goods: With over 23 vendors, Central Market’s specialty goods are anything but few and far between. Some popular small business vendors selling specialty goods include Naked Chick Art, Saucy Girls, Barto’s Naturals, Little Sister’s Kitchen, Lizzie Jo’s Snacks n’ Things and so many more!
- Dining services: Dining vendors include Warehouse Gourmet Bistro & Brew Pub, Rinconcito Latin Food, Hefty Lefty’s Hoagies & Grinders, 3 Hogs BBQ, BBQ Cup, Corner Cabinet, J.R.’s Fresh Cut Fries, Tina’s Greek Salads, Teriyaki Express, Simply Soup, Roburrito’s, Pepper’s Grille, Mudhook Brewery, Mezzogiorno, Global Cafe and more!
- Meat, fish & deli: Come check out Herb & Herd, Locust Point Cattle Company, Myers Salads & Pastries, J.L. Miller & Sons Meats, The Fish Market and Conrad’s Deli.
- Fresh produce: Downtown Central Market’s two produce vendors include Loaves and Fishes and Dennis Fitz Home Grown Fruits & Vegetables.
- Vegan/gluten-free goods: If you’re into vegan and gluten-free products, try something new at Tina’s Greek Salads, Busy Bee and Guacamole Specialist.
- Beverages: Vendors selling drinks at Central Market include Warehouse Gourmet Bistro & Brew Pub, Rijuice, Eight Oaks Craft Distillers, Burnt Timbers Winery, Wyndridge Farm, Take Five Expresso Bar and Mudhook Brewery.
Contact Us to Learn More About Downtown York Market in York, PA
Are you ready to make York, PA your home? Connect with CENTURY 21 Core Partners to make your home dreams come true — and to enjoy the Downtown York Market whenever you’d like.