Moving to York, PA? There’s plenty to see and experience in this part of South Central Pennsylvania, and if you’re planning a date night, there are many options. Here are 12 to get you started:
- Stop by the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts: Take in an exhibit or special show and check out their website ahead of time. The center even has movie screenings, which are perfect for a night out.
- Go on a wine or beer tour: Spring Gate Vineyard & Brewery, Naylor Wine Cellars, Thunder Ridge Vineyards and other vineyards and breweries in the area make the perfect date night venue. Some of the best South Central PA wineries and breweries are right in this region, so sip on some local drinks or take part in the special event these businesses offer. You can also go on a tour of the Mason Dixon Wine Trails to sample a selection of wines and beers while learning about the process of making these drinks.
- Head out to eat: York has many attractive restaurants, tea rooms, bakeries and cafes. From casual coffees to fine-dining events, you can have a classic romantic dinner or explore new cuisines together.
- Take a stroll: Walk through historic neighborhoods in York, through Downtown Hanover or through one of the region’s many green spaces. Check out the Heritage Rail Trail, Cousler Park, Gifford Pinchot State Park and Codorus State Park for hiking (and picnic) spots.
- Dine in a cave: Looking for a unique dining experience with craft beers? Bube’s Brewery’s Catacombs lets you eat in an underground stone vault — perfect for a candlelit dinner.
- Fly in the sky: Take flight together on a helicopter tour or a hot air balloon ride. See York from an entirely new perspective.
- Catch a show: York’s Symphony Orchestra puts on performances, and there are theater, music and other shows at The Appell Center for the Performing Arts, Penn State York’s Pullo Center and other local venues. Grab some tickets and take in some culture together.
- Watch a movie: Whether it’s a modern movie theater, a venue showing classics or an outdoor screen, the York area has lots of ways to catch a movie. See everything from current Hollywood hits to classic cinema and art house films.
- Skate: If you’re having a date night during the winter, check out skating at Cousler Park, Lake Redman, Silver Lake, Gifford Pinchot State Park and Codorus State Park.
- Get Creative: Creative York has classes and workshops in pottery, painting and other arts. It’s the perfect way to have a hands-on date and maybe even create a romantic piece of art together.
- Dance: Hop by a local dance venue to dance to today’s high-energy favorites. You might also consider stopping by a special event hosted by York Social Dance Studio or try taking a dance class together, too.
- Stay in: Sometimes, you just need each other. Consider ordering in and watching TV or just spending time together in your York home.
Want to Move?
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of living in York, PA, contact us at CENTURY 21 Core Partners to work with an experienced agent who can help you find your next home.