Are you looking to get in the holiday spirit in York, PA? We’ve compiled a list of activities that are sure to offer something to everyone on your list! Christmas is a wonderful time of year to be in York. You’ll find everything from Christmas light festivals to memorable train rides, shopping extravaganzas and more.
Ongoing Holiday Seasonal Events in York, PA
Christmas lights have the power to create a feeling of magic and wonder during the holidays. In York, PA, Christmas light festivals, shows and other activities offer fun and awe for the entire family. Events to check out this year include:
- A Festival of Lights: Walk a half-mile along the ADA walking trail that passes through almost 600,000 sparkling LED lights and animations. You must purchase tickets online before the event. Recurring daily from November 29 until December 31, 2019 — Rocky Ridge County Park in York, PA. Monday-Thursday, 6:00-9:00 pm; Friday-Sunday, 5:00-9:00 p.m. $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, $5 for children, under four are free.
- The 2019 Christmas Show: Joy to the World: Impassioned music and dance and cheerful holiday humor will set the scene for Joy to the World, AMT’s newest holiday spectacular. Live holiday classics to be performed are favorites such as “Let it Snow,” “Carol of the Bells,” “Hark, The Herald Angels Sing,” “Away in a Manger” and “Jingle Bells.” Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from November 1 until December 29, 2019 — American Music Theatre in Lancaster, PA. Early Matinee, matinee and evening performances. $46 for adults; $25 for children.
- Santa’s Cabin: Visit Santa Claus in center Square. Families enter for free and have the chance to ask Santa for all kinds of presents and goodies. Santa will give out traditional candy canes and Utz Potato chips. Photography is free for this event, and all are permitted to use personal cameras as well. Multiple dates, including November 29 and 30, 2019, and December 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 23 — Center Square in Hanover, PA. 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. FREE
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas: The classic holiday story takes on a festive song and dance this year. The show will last one hour without intermission and feature Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and Santa. Recurring weekly on Saturdays from November 30 until December 28, 2019 — Fulton Theatre in Lancaster, PA. Starts at 11:00 a.m. $11-$21.
- Cookies With Santa and Model Toy Trains: Kids will be given a chance to decorate scrumptious Gingerbread Cookies in the Farm Market and greet Santa when he makes his grand entrance. Model Toy Trains will be running in the Market during the event for children and grown-ups alike to admire. You can select from a variety of cars and engines to create your own train track. Recurring weekly on Saturday from December 7 until December 21, 2019 — Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market in Hellam, PA. 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. $2.99 each for gingerbread cookies, $5 per person for model toy train event, family pricing is $15 for groups of four or five.
Holiday Activities to Get You in the Christmas Spirit
Ongoing events are not hard to miss. One-time events, however, are just that — once a year! Check out these unique Christmas holiday events in York, PA:
- Flapjack Holiday Open House: At this event, you can expect to eat your hearts’ desire of flapjacks for free. Door prizes, holiday fun, vendor sampling, treats and décor are all part of the scene. Plus, get 25 percent off select holiday items! Saturday, November 9, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. — Flinchbaugh’s Orchard and Farm Market in Hellam, PA. FREE
- Hanging of the Greens: During this annual event, volunteers and Downtown Inc festoon bridges and lamp-posts with greenery and bows. November 24 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. — Downtown York in York, PA. FREE
- 2019 Hanover Christmas Parade: The parade kicks off at 9:00 am from the Baer Ave playground and continues toward Center square and Santa’s Cabin. The South Western Marching Band precedes Santa, who greets the crowd from a fire truck. Kids can enjoy candy, unique floats and more. Friday, November 29, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. — Main Street Hanover Inc. in Hanover, PA. FREE
- 2019 Downtown Tree Lighting Ceremony: This annual Christmas Tree lighting celebration features carolers, hot cocoa and lots of excitement. Join us on Main Street Hanover for the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. November 30, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. — Central Square in Hanover, PA. FREE
- Christmas with the Celts: The Christmas with the Celts show features contemporary Christmas culture, ancient Irish Carols and electrifying Irish dance. As a national PBS show, Christmas with the Celts has aired on 222 PBS channels across the U.S. and Canada and on the BBC in Ireland. December 1, 2019, at 3:00 p.m. — Eichelberger Performing Arts Center in Hanover, PA. $29 Orchestra/Balcony, $34 Preferred
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker: This year, the acclaimed Christmas extravaganza will feature over 200 costumes, world-class artists, flying birds and massive puppets. December 4, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. — The Pullo Center in York, PA. $31
- 2019 Light Up York: Join us for the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree at Continental Square. Family-friendly activities start at mid-day, and the ceremony begins at 5:00 pm. December 7, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. — Continental Square in York, PA. FREE
Contact Us to Learn More About Christmas Activities in York, PA
Are you wondering which Christmas activities will get you in the holiday spirit this year in York, PA? Connect with CENTURY 21 Core Partners to learn more about the happenings of this holiday season in York County.