Whether you recently purchased your home or you’re trying to sell your current residence, you may want to learn how to add curb appeal to your home. When you’re trying to sell, the exterior of your home can either attract the interest of prospective buyers or deter them. Similarly, the look of your home can make you look forward to walking through your front door or make you want to walk right by your house.
Clearly, you want the exterior of your home to inspire interest among real estate agents and their clients, and you want it to be a source of personal pride as well.
Inexpensive Curb Appeal Options
There are many ways to add curb appeal to your home’s exterior without it costing a small fortune. Here are some affordable curb appeal tips for homes in PA and surrounding areas:
- Emphasize your front door: Front doors are usually a natural focal point for any home, but you can make yours stand out even more by painting it a different color, adding metallic house numbers, installing new hardware or hanging a seasonal decoration. If none of those ideas appeal to you, consider putting a topiary on each side of your entryway.
- Incorporate symmetry: Just like having a plant on each side of your doorway will provide symmetry, so will installing a light fixture above each topiary. You can incorporate symmetry into the appearance of your home in many areas, such as around your garage and along walkways.
- Create a container garden: You don’t need to have a big yard to have a garden. In fact, creating a container garden on your front porch that employs a contrasting asymmetrical layout can greatly improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Paint accents: In many instances, adding curb appeal to your home may be as simple as painting your accents. Rather than painting every exterior surface, consider painting your trim and shutters a color that contrasts nicely with the color of your home’s siding.
- Dress up your mailbox: If your mailbox sits atop a post along the street, paint the post the same color as your siding or trim so that it complements your home. To make your mailbox look even better, put some potted plants or install a flowering garden around the post.
- Install window boxes: Installing window boxes and filling them with colorful plants is a quick and easy way to give your home some vibrancy and greater curb appeal. Window boxes are readily available in an array of styles and material types, making it a cinch to find boxes that will match your residence’s aesthetic.
CENTURY 21 Core Partners: Your Source for Effective Ways to Add Curb Appeal
At CENTURY 21 Core Partners, we want everyone to have a home that looks and feels inviting. That’s why we’re always happy to share curb appeal tips for homes in PA and the specific communities we proudly serve. Curb appeal can add perceived value to a residence, and it can make you even prouder to own your home regardless of whether it’s on the market.
If you’re getting ready to sell your home or you simply want to improve its look, contact us at CENTURY 21 Core Partners today.