Whether you’re looking to sell your home or fall in love with it all over again, achieving increased curb appeal can sometimes feel elusive. It shouldn’t. Here’s a look at nine ways to quickly enhance your home’s curb appeal without busting your budget:
- Greenery: You may not have a garden, but you can load up on potted plants and flowers. This greenery can help make the front of your home come alive with color, and it’s a project that can be taken on rather affordably and easily.
- Window Boxes: Looking for a different way to incorporate plant life into your home’s look? Window boxes are surprisingly affordable and easy to install. Choose from among different materials such as iron, steel and painted wood, and choose flowers that match your home’s appearance and lighting.
- Art for Outdoors: There are plenty of options when looking for fixtures for your yard: bird baths, fountains, wind chimes and more. These pieces of art can make your home feel both refined and welcoming at the same time.
- Outdoor Lighting: Use simple lighting to accent trees and walkways. You don’t need high voltage — only accents. You don’t want your light to be too bright, so try simple solar fixtures that require no additional wiring — which means added savings during installation.
- Mailbox Update: Mailboxes are designed to be functional, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enhance the look of your mailbox area. Be creative and fun with what you choose to do. You can install a new box or post, or plant flowers and plants around the box itself. Paint the box and post to match your personality, and add stylish house numbers for added flair.
- Front Door Makeover: Your front door can make the statement you want if you put the effort into making it over. A complementary paint color can make a huge difference, as can a good cleaning and updated hardware, such as house numbers and lockset. Make sure your new front door or made-over front door creates a cohesive look with your home’s interior. The more symmetrical the look of your entryway, the more enticing the entrance to your home will be.
- Shutters: Does the front of your home feel like it’s missing something? Shutters can be a quick path to freshening up your home’s façade and incorporating a complementary color to your palette. Once installed, these shutters require little maintenance, which makes them attractive to the homeowner looking for a fast, one-time project.
- New Gutters: Gutters are another home feature meant to be functional, but you should know that they can be stylish, too. Get rid of old, rusting, cracking gutters, and choose a new material that provides a little pop — something like copper. The front of your home will instantly achieve a classic look that’s difficult to create.
- Create Paths: Walkways can be decorative, too. Whether a walkway from the sidewalk and street to your front door or a walkway that takes visitors around to the side of your house, take advantage of them to create beautiful spaces and incorporate lighting.
If you are looking to increase your home’s curb appeal in order to sell it, contact us at CENTURY 21 Core Partners. One of our expert agents would be glad to provide expert guidance as you consider your options and prep your home for the market.
Contact us today about the possibilities.